Tonya Harris – Simple Steps to Remove Toxicants
Table of Contents
Tonya Harris, MSHN is Board Certified in Holistic Nutrition® and graduated from Hawthorn University in with a Master of Science in Holistic Nutrition. She is also a graduate of Eastern Illinois University, where she received her Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education.
As a childhood leukemia survivor and now the mother of three (one with multiple learning disabilities, including ADHD), Tonya’s path has led her to her mission of helping parents learn how both diet and common toxins in the home can affect their child’s health. Her goal is to show parents how easy it can be to have a safer, more non-toxic home through safer brands to buy, how to read product labels for hidden toxins, and how to do it on a budget. She does this through working with clients both individually and through the online program she created, “The Healthy Home Project.” She has been writing about the health implications of common chemicals in our homes and their effects on our children since 2008, and now blogs on her website at Healthy Home, Happy Family.
Tonya is also the founder of Clubs to Cure Kids and has donated over $142,000 to childhood cancer research and family support programs.
- Do you have to toss everything? (6:15)
- Tonya's 80/20 Rule (7:00)
- Educate yourself to avoid being overwhelmed (8:30)
- Watch for hidden food and food additive ingredients that may not be listed on the ingredient label (11:00)
- What to look for in your personal health care products (15:30)
- Cleaning product labels (20:00)
- Making cleaning products at home can be simple (21:00)
Resources and Links
Tonya's website Slightly Greener
Tonya's Book: Women Who Influence release date: March 27th 2018
For the full transcript of this episode, head over to the FREE Resource Library