Is Your Child Missing Key Nutrients?
Research and clinical findings show that our children are burdened with multiple nutrient deficiencies. Unaddressed, these deficiencies continue to impair many important metabolic functions in our children and impact their health, neurologic function and in the end their ability to heal. In order to address key nutrient deficiencies appropriately, we must identify which ones are most likely in our children, what impact this has on them, why they occur in the first place and how we can fix them.
On today’s podcast, I discuss the what, why and how to fix key nutrient deficiencies in our children. I also addressed this subject in a previous blog post, Top Nutrient Deficiencies Found in Our Children – What You Need to Know. Here is a snapshot of what you will learn today:
During the podcast I referenced the following studies:
- Pilot study of a moderate dose multivitamin/mineral supplement for children with autistic spectrum disorder.
- Abnormally high plasma levels of vitamin B6 in children with autism not taking supplements compared to controls not taking supplements.
- Do salt cravings in children with autistic disorders reveal low blood sodium depleting brain taurine and glutamine?
- Plasma fatty acid profiles in autism: a case-control study
- Role of polyunsaturated fatty acids in the management of Egyptian children with autism..
Be sure to pick up the free tools I mentioned in the podcast here that will help you record, analyze and interpret your child’s symptoms:
Although I did not talk about the Food, Mood, Sleep & Poop Journal review checklist linked above, it is a helpful part of the process.
If you enjoyed today's podcast please give us a review on iTunes. We appreciate your feedback!
Let me know if listening to this podcast gave you clues as to how to support your child next. If you need more help to get clarity on what to do next, join the My Child Will Thrive Village Facebook group and let us know how we can help.